INVESTMENT GRADE REAL ESTATE MODELLING PROGRAM
Aimed at real estate professionals, the 20hrs CPD certified "Investment Grade Real Estate Modelling" program provides the best practice techniques and skills needed to construct complex and flexible investment grade financial models, that assess the financial credibility, risks and returns of acquisition and development investments. The home study program allows users to complete the course flexibly based around work and their private lives.
The Real Estate Investment modelling training program follows on from the beginners training program “Mastering The Modelling Test”. The investment grade educational program further broadens the application of real estate financial modelling practices. The intermediate guide focuses on the skills and processes used within the professional real estate investment industry when creating and analysing investment appraisals.
Aimed at real estate investment professionals, analysts, real estate consultants, banking professional and prospective real estate candidates, this course will provide the best practice techniques of constructing flexible investment grade financial models, that assess the financial credibility, risks and returns of property investments.
The program follows a step-by-step guide, explaining how to build a real estate model one cell at a time for a specific transaction scenario. The scenario is complex in nature and incorporates numerous tenants, commercial, retail, parking and naming rights income, re-development opportunities, complicated costing structures and sophisticated debt financing services.
The training program will show how to present data and construct rental, costing and debt formulaic functions in order to value and appraise property investments. Additionally, the course will provide an introduction into performing Monte Carlo simulation, producing equity waterfalls, partitioning IRR returns and constructing development cash flow modelling.
Please find below, program FAQ's, product details, course outline and product pictures.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is included in the program?
The digital download program includes a PDF guidebook and the corresponding Excel Workbook. The program also includes a complimentary copy of Mastering The Modelling Test.
+ How long does it take to complete the program?
The length of time its takes a user to complete the program is heavily dependent on their real estate finance and Excel expertise. On average, users complete the program within a few days. The program can be completed offline, allowing users to complete the program flexibly around their work and private lives.
+ How do I purchase and download the program documents?
Once purchased, two emails will be sent to the designated email address. The first will include confirmation of the purchase and the password to open the documents. The second email includes a unique link to download the digital goods. This link will be active for 24hrs. Both, the Investment Grade Real Estate Modelling program and Mastering The Modelling Test will be included in the link.
We recommend that users save a hard copy of all files to their computer and save an alternative version when completing the program. This eradicates accidental changes to the base model. Should errors occur, the 24hr link can be re-sent.
+ Can the program be used on several devices?
Yes. The files are no different to regular PDF and Excel files. You can save them on several devices. However, the program can only be used by one user and not transferred to others. Password entries are monitored.
+ Does Bayrock Real Estate Consulting provide post-support services?
We do not offer dedicated post-support service. However, if you have questions during the program or shortly after completing, one of our team will happily advise.
+ Does the program include a completion certificate?
The registered user will receive a CPD certified completion certificate one month after purchase. This certificate can be used to register APC formal training hours to the value of 20hrs.
+ Is the program transferrable to other users?
No. The program is only available to one user. Should you require cross-company modelling training, we offer corporate lifetime modelling program licenses.
+ What program should I start using first?
We recommend users to start with the Investment Grade Real Estate Modelling Program
+ Can I use the Excel model to run my own investment?
No. We do not take any responsibility for any financial investments made using any Services and Products provided by Bayrock Real Estate Consulting. The information and opinions contained in our Products and Services are provided for informational purposes only, are subject to change without notice, do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision.
Who will benefit
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students studying real estate and finance cognitive degrees
- Real estate investment analysts, associates and investors that use Excel on a daily basis
- Senior real estate professionals, debt and lending professionals and investment surveyors
- Professionals switching industries to real estate investments
- APC candidates
- Investment agents, research analysts, fund managers and fund accounts
- Digital download containing;
- PDF training guidebook
- Corresponding password protected and unlocked Excel workbook
- PDF and Excel PASSWORD received with the order confirmation email
- CPD 20 formal hours certification
- Training program level - Intermediate/advanced
- Training program type - Course attendance not required. Able to study from the comfort of your own home
- Prior knowledge of Excel and finance is assumed
- Access to Microsoft Excel and a PC is required. Compatible with Macintosh and Macintosh Excel. However, Macintosh shortcuts not included
- Refunds not available (Terms and Conditions)
INVESTMENT GRADE REAL ESTATE MODELLING PROGRAM Outline
The training program "Investment Grade Real Estate Modelling" will provide users a comprehensive understanding of the following;
- Learn modelling structures, modelling techniques and real estate theory
- Introduction to real estate
- Introduction to Excel and best practice techniques
- Power modelling and Excel shortcuts
- Design and model presentation
- Complex property investment scenario
- Commercial, retail, parking and naming rights income streams
- Complicated costing structures
- Multiples lease events
- Current and future rental business plans
- Transaction inputs and specifications
- Hold periods
- Target rates, incl. risk-free rates and risk premiums
- Rental rates
- Growth rates
- Investment yields, e.g. initial and exit yields
- Creation and presentation of transaction business plans
- Current and future tenant lease events
- Prospective void and rent-free periods
- Current and future rental rates
- Projected property values and equivalent yield calculations
- Void cost and CAPEX budgeting
- Multiple lease assumptions
- Modelling rent functions and multi-let cash flows for current and future business plans
- Dates and time intervals
- Modelling lease expires, lease renewals and upward only rent reviews
- Incorporating void and rent-free periods
- Rent function concept using logic functions, incl. IF and AND
- Distribution of CAPEX, void and letting costs
- Analysis of unlevered performance metrics
- Profit margins
- Cash on cash equity multiples
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Debt financing
- Introduction to real estate debt financing, incl. loan to value, arrangement fees, loan repayment types (non-amortisation)
- Construction of levered cash flows
- Analysis of levered IRR, NPV, equity multiple and margin
- Debt refinancing options
- Development financing
- Equity waterfall structures
- Promote structures using NPV functions
- Post promote IRR returns
- Development managers promote
- Sponsor carried interest
- Scenario analysis
- Sensitivity analysis
- Conditional formatting
- Monte Carlo simulation
- IRR partitioning
- Monthly cash flow to annual cash flow conversion
- Development cash flow modelling
- Introduction into development modelling
- Cost appraisal formation and presentation
- Development strategies - "Develop & Trade" or "Develop & Hold"
- Development debt and refinancing loans
- Multiple development investment projects - (i.e. two property units on one project site)
- Development metrics (IRR, equity multiples, profit on cost, yield on cost, etc)